I'm currently attempting to get my thesis study underway, and as such, I am need of participants! Please see the Call for Participants below (you can also find it on the Facebook page of Autism Speaks, here: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=401225237905) and forward this to anyone you think might be interested. Thank you!
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS!
I am currently recruiting males over the age of 18 with a clinical diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome for a study to teach how to ask someone out on a date. All volunteers will be required to have their own transportation and must be able to come to Caldwell College (located in Caldwell, NJ) three to four times per week. The study is expected to begin on June 21st and last for approximately three weeks. If you are interested in participating in this research, please contact Amy Gravino at AGrav3230@aol.com. Thank you!
Study Participation Criteria:
- Must be over the age of 18
- Must have official Asperger’s Syndrome diagnosis from an outside agency or clinic
- Must have transportation and/or live in the NYC/northern New Jersey area.
- Minimal to no previous social skills training
- Must have at least two to three unsuccessful previous attempts at asking someone out for a date.