Monday, August 10, 2009

The last few months

I can't believe I haven't updated since May! My goodness. Quite a few things have happened since then, and I feel terrible for not keeping you all abreast of the latest developments.

This entry is actually more of a housekeeping one, though right now I am working on an entry all about me testifying in the New Jersey State Assembly back in May, in favor of an autism insurance bill. I will have that up as soon as time allows, but for right now, I want to make a declaration.

After seeing the movie Julie & Julia today, I realize the importance of regular blogging. I got an e-mail the other day with a link to an article about a 14-year-old nonverbal girl with autism named Taryn, who had started typing on her parents' computer one day, revealing all of her inner thoughts and feelings. The article said that she'd found her "inner voice," and the person who e-mailed it to me, while anonymous, left a note that said, "We, your fans, are glad you found your inner voice, too. :-)"

That message just about made my day, for a multitude of reasons. I never realized before that I have fans, people who may possibly read this blog on a regular basis. If this is the case, then I have been letting you all down terribly by not updating in so long. No more! I had always thought that I couldn't write an entry unless I had something big and important to write about, but I can write about anything. The day-to-day goings-on in my life are pretty interesting, especially since I'm about to start on my Master's thesis this fall (if you can believe it!).

So this is my pledge to you, dear readers: no more lengthy gaps and spaces of time between entries. From now on, you will be seeing a lot more entries from me. I fear they may tend towards the mundane, but if you all are willing to read them (and maybe comment?), then I am willing to write them. This is my promise. And I will do all that I can to fulfill it. So, stay tuned for an entry about my testimony to the NJ State Assembly, and many other entries to come!

2 comments:

  1. We're so glad you will be updating your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of Taryn. Is she local to you?

    Carly Fleischmann has her own website now, where she blogs. She is now about 14 years old and she also has her own Twitter and Facebook, just like most of the rest of us.

    (Speaking more generally of social networking software: it may very well phase out soon, as people are thinking of EMail 3.0 and things like Google Wave. This was an article in the Business section of our local newspaper).

    ReplyDelete